Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Bucket List

Today was my first day at home while my kids were at Oregon State University. It's supposed to be 90 degrees today so I decided to sit at home and craft. Taking a note from Dork, I rented movies to watch while I was stamping. The current movie is "The Bucket List" with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. I adore both men. I think they are amazing actors and are doing a wonderful job on this movie. For those that haven't seen it, the basic premise is that both men are dying and have only 6 months to live. They create a list of things to do before they "kick the bucket" and then live it out.

It got me to thinking, what would I want to do before I kick the bucket?
So here's my bucket list:
1. See my children graduate from college and happy in their chosen professions.
2. See my children settled into a relationship that provides them with happiness and peace in their life.
3. See the 7 Wonders of the World with Dave
4. Go to Burning Man
5. Get my National Board Certification
6. Spend an entire summer sailing on a large sailboat with Dave
7. Take a cruise to Alaska
8. Visit the British Isles and tour the castles, be at Stonehenge on Beltane Eve, and tour Shakespeare's stomping grounds.
9. Make a difference in the life of children.

What's on your bucket list?

3 comments:

The Currey Family said...

Ah, but what if you only had 6 months to live, and let's say the word comes to you October 17, 2010? How would the limit on time, as well as the sooner nature of it, affect your list?

One thing on my bucket list: reconnect with my brother.

Pupp said...

My bucket list would include:
SOAP BOX DERBY!

Pupp said...

Ok... so I couldn't stand it anymore, I started a bucket list on my blog as well. Sheez, I just can't stand to sit by when others are playing !