Thursday, July 3, 2008

Boxing with Dem XX Men

Yesterday we ducked out to grab a box or two and get outside. There was a new box at Salish Ponds that I didn't have yet and there were several boxes that they didn't have.


The first box we stopped at was my On the Dock of the Bay. This one seems to be missing. This is the third box I've had go missing within the first month of being placed this spring/summer. I contribute this to two problems. The first problem is the visibility of the locations. This is my fault. I chose to place them in fairly visible spots, in an attempt to keep them close to a landmark or to place them in a small park. After 6 years of boxing, I should know better. The second reason has to do with the number of new boxers that have cropped up lately. All three boxes were last found by brand new boxers. Two of them were looking for their very first box. Now there is no proof that they did anything wrong, but it is suspicious. I do not blame the new boxers. Everyone has to learn sometime. I'm sad that the marble box went missing, it was a great stamp, BUT, it's only a stamp. It can be recarved, the box can be replaced. And this time, it will be placed someplace more secure.


The next box we went looking for was one that I already had, so I let them do the finding while the kids and Dobby tried to find the water.


It wasn't until the third box, which was the new one, that the kids and Dobby found the water. It was a fairly warm day and very muggy. Poor Dobby was really feeling the heat so when we got to the third box and it was right by a creek, Samantha and Dobby dove right in and romped and played in it. Some people would have freaked out. I now had a wet kid and a wet dog that had to ride home in my car! I don't see it that way. It's only water, it's only dirt. It was hot and you know what, childhood is only so long. I want my kids to pass a creek as an adult and think back to romping in the water with Dobby. I want them to remember laughing and playing, not me yelling at them to not get dirty.


We finished off the boxing trip with one more box and then headed for home. I was glad to get home and hit the pool.

3 comments:

The Currey Family said...

It was a nice walk and a good length outing, considering the heat+humidity. Thanks for hosting (and printing clues!)!

Pupp said...

burp

Dude said...

I totally agree...let kids be kids and have great memories while growing up!

I saw your new LB in/near Corvallis and am wondering if I can figure it out.