Monday, June 23, 2008

Photos of the Decks

Here they are, as promised. Photos of the new deck.


This is the stair way and the deck platform.

Added to this is a rail, all the way around. Apparently the child that I sent out to take pictures of the railing and the deck in its entirety thought that taking pictures of beneath the deck was more fun. These are the same children that believe that under the deck is there new summer bedroom. They really thought they were going to sleep out there under the deck.
This is the kitty cat that does not like the new deck, yet. I expect Patch to find the deck and be stretched out on it, probably in my lap within the week.











This is Dobby. He loves the new deck. He can sit right by my side while the kids are in the pool and watch them.








Here is a picture of the completed deck! Finally a good picture.

So the moral of the story is, if I'm not online, I'm sitting on my deck with a bottle of diet Pepsi carving a stamp in the sun!


4 comments:

The Currey Family said...

Looks like a fun way to spend the summer (now that it's finally started). The only thing I see missing is a built-in beer cooling device. Oh well.

Kris said...

Nice! When is the pool party? Will there be diving for letterboxes?

Maiden said...

Actually, there is a letterbox planted directly underneath the deck. I'm sure you can find it, if Dobby hasn't carried it off :)

Pupp said...

Can we drown the cat? Can we push the sissy dog into the water? Why can't the kids sleep under the deck? Where is the hot tub? Will Dave be delivering my chilled drink poolside when I come over to sit on the deck?