Friday, December 19, 2008

Keeping Busy While Snowed In

Here are three of the LTC's I made while snowed in. If you would like one, let me know via AQ mail :)
This one is called "The Pirates of Teddy Bear Cove". The stamp, along with two others, was a gift to a good friend in Washington. The matching teddy bear is destined to become an LTC later today if this snow continues. Getting the twine on the sides for the frame was the most difficult. I tried 3 different attachment methods and finally had to call Marmalade for advice. Every LTCer should have a Marmalde. She is my "technical advisor". What that basically means is that when I'm banging my head against the wall trying to do something, she will tell me what I need to do, and does it without making me feel like a moron. She's a great person and my LTC's wouldn't be half as creative without her encouragement and advice. Thank you Marmalade!


This is my Nightmare Before Xmas card. The background is hand drawn. It seemed like such a simple idea, but I'll tell you what, by the time I got done making 15 of them, my hands hurt and I was DONE! The image of Jack is embossed. This stamp is destined to be a HH in its very own screaming coffin container. Look for it in a letterbox near you.


This card was made *just* before being snowed in. I made it with the ornament stamps that I put in the ornaments for the ornament exchange. The stamps should be on a letterboxer's tree somewhere :)

And that is that! Looking out my window and seeing the heavy snowfall, I'm sure there's more to come!

2 comments:

Director of Fun said...

Hey darlin'
My ears were burning. Thanks for saying all those nice things about your LTC Technical Advisor.

I LOVE your Nightmare Before Xmas LTC and want to know why I don't have one of those?

Did you draw your beautiful curvy lines when the paper was still a whole sheet and then cut it up? Works ever so nicely, eh? That's called a One Sheet Wonder. :)
Marm

Pupp said...

woof