Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break Challenge

Spring Break has officially begun. This may be the best time of the year for teachers. It signals the beginning of the end. After spring break the year flies by. I believe this is due to the fact that the students are so much more capable. All of the teaching you have done for the previous 6 months has sunk in and they are ready to do great things. The sun is shining, allowing us to get outside more which helps with attitudes and illnesses. All in all, it's just a great time of the year.


For spring break this year I am sticking fairly close to home. My plan is spend each day cleaning a little, boxing a lot, and generally relaxing.


I have challenged myself to get out and find at least one new box each day and to plant at least one box each day. For my faithful blog readers, one planted box each day will be exclusively available here.


Today I went out and found a box in a local park by a new boxer. It was a very nice walk in a nice park that I'd never been to before.


I also planted a box today. Since I only planted one, it will appear only here.


Clue:

Therapy Dogs Touch Lives

Find a park on the eastern side of the Willamette River that features this mural:


Once there find the off leash area. Play with the dogs. Dobby had a great time playing with the Greater Swiss Mountain dog that was there and the Newfoundland, and a bunch of other smaller dogs. When you've gotten your share of therapy from these good hearted canines. Head west. Look for a concrete trash can next to a large tree. The tree has a great root system with lots of holes in it. Inside the north side is the letterbox for your stamping pleasure.

No comments: